A blog devoted to sharing the journeys of my heart

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness, For His name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows. Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. Psalm 23

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Destination Christmas - Part 1

This year Christmas for my family is different. Typically me, my sisters, brother-in-laws and niece and nephew travel (from wherever we are in the states) to Indiana to spend Christmas together. This, unfortunately, will not be the case for Christmas 2011. My oldest sister is with child… very much with child she would say. Needless to say, her and her family are not traveling, but are staying home, starting new traditions with their kids – and hopefully having a baby! My other sister is traveling with her husband across the country… they just HAVE to go to Thessaloniki. J No really, they do. They currently live in Greece and their visas require them to travel out of Greece over the holiday. Sadly, they will not be making it to Indiana either.
I, on the other hand, am NOT with child or traveling to Thessaloniki…
Although I love my parents, and my parents love me… we collectively decided that spending Christmas in Indiana without my sisters and their families would be extremely sad and weird. General Tao’s chicken is simply strange without Kramers or Vargheses… So in trying our best to make this Christmas just as fun, the ‘rents and I decided to make Christmas 2011 a “Destination Christmas.” We have traveled to Helen, GA. “Helen Georgia?” You may ask. “Where is that? Why did you not choose the beach?” Helen, Georgia is at the edge of the Appalachian Mountains, and yes, my vote was the beach. But, I’ve learned that the weight of my vote is equivalent to the amount of money I pay in the trip… J So, parents won. And that turned out to be wonderful. Because Helen has proven to be a wonderful place so far. We traveled all the way up to the top of some mountains and arrived at the cozy Bear’s Den Cabin.  The place is perfect – great space, cozy rooms, clean, and great décor - including this dear looking at me as I sleep… seriously, eyes right on me… creeeeeepy.

1 comment:

  1. Oh. my. word. That deer. At least he's not alone. I'm sure the deer on the window valance, comforter and bedside table keep him company throughout the day. :) I am glad that you are not with child. Or traveling to Thessa... wherever that is. You would not have been able to experience all the deer if that were the case.

    ReplyDelete