A blog devoted to sharing the journeys of my heart

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness, For His name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows. Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. Psalm 23

Saturday, September 26, 2009

Imagining Better

Gavin DeGraw, one of my new favorite musician/songwriters, has a song called Dancing Shoes. I love the song. One of the lines in the song says "I have searched forever, I can't imagine anything better."

This caused me to start thinking about being in a place where you really can't imagine anything better. In all honesty, that is a place that sounds amazing.

At one point in my life I thought that I was in that place. As I look back tonight, I can see times when I thought, "Hmmm, that could be better." or "Is this really the best?" Back then I saw it as a compromise, not a red flag. I didn't then, and still don't know, what it would be like to say that I can't imagine anything better. But I know that is will be amazing.

I am encouraged tonight to think back in the recent past, and what I thought was so perfect, I can say now, "Nope, I was imagining there would be better." And there will be.

Someday I will fall in love, and not imagine anything better.

No comments:

Post a Comment