A blog devoted to sharing the journeys of my heart

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness, For His name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows. Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. Psalm 23

Saturday, April 16, 2011

these are a few of my favorite things

Flowers on tables and smells of clean laundry
Chick-Fil-A fries, sports and the derby
Belly laughs from nowhere that karaoke brings!
These are a few of my favorite things!

When my students bite!
When lonely pains sting!
When I'm feeling lazy
I simply recall a few of my favorite things...
And then I don't feel so crazy!

M&M pretzels and joy caught in photos
A blanket, a book, and an afternoon doze
Windows down with a song of praise to sing!
These are a few of my favorite things!

When my students bite!
When lonely pains sting!
When I'm feeling lazy
I simply recall a few of my favorite things...
And then I don't feel so crazy!

Long walks on beaches and sunkissed faces
Cowboy boots and playing catch in fun places
Swept kitchen floors with a sink full of nothing
These are a few of my favorite things!

When my students bite!
When lonely pains sting!
When I'm feeling lazy
I simply recall a few of my favorite things...
And then I don't feel so crazy!

2 comments:

  1. I expect a live version of this sung sometime soon. It's GREAT! You're so creative!

    ReplyDelete