A blog devoted to sharing the journeys of my heart

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness, For His name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows. Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. Psalm 23

Friday, April 8, 2011

A Spring Morning

I woke up this morning and walked into the kitchen. I had a perfect moment with Spring! Sun beams were desperately trying to shine through the closed shades and onto the floor. I opened the blinds and the sun danced all over the room. With the windows open, I could hear birds singing their morning songs. A sweet after-a-rain-shower-smell blew into the room. Ahhh... spring is great!

And that is what I was thinking at 8:30 this morning...

Let's move ahead to 9:30am, shall we?

I went for a run around the lil ol' town I live in. (And as we all know, my run means a slow shuffle. Just clarification. I want you to have an accurate picture.) So as I am shuffling with red pounding face up the sidewalk under sweet blossoming trees, I think, "running isn't all that bad on a fresh, spring morning." I look up and see a couple of birds fluttering around a few paces in front of me. And I think again, "Yes, spring makes a grueling exercise pleasant." And when that thought was finished I noticed my shorts were kinda sticking to my leg. I give a slight tug to my shorts and felt something yucky on them. I look down and notice...

BIRD POOP. Yes, the sweet, innocent bird that was fluttering around POOPED ON ME.
I had to laugh... but really? Gross. When I got back home I discovered that the poop wasn't just on my shorts, it had gone through them and it was on my leg too. Again, gross. All those wonderful thoughts of spring I had an hour before... tainted by a happy, oblivious bird. So much for beautiful sunshiney mornings with birds singing and fresh blossoms filling the air with sweet smells...spring shming.

So I must say, that spring was my thing at 8:30 this morning... but since my bird experience, I have been wondering... (sigh) well, I guess it's still pretty great, despite spring pooping on me. :)

2 comments:

  1. This just gets a big LOL! This could only happen to you. :) Remember, it could be worse: could be purple and in the eye. Sorry that spring pooped on you. Maybe summer is your season?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Remember, years ago, when we were in Florida and went to Cypress Gardens. We were in a huge bird cage with birds flying around and splat right on my head. I remember 3 girls who thought that it was the funniest thing in the world.
    Sometimes you are the pooper; sometimes you are the poopee.
    Its a Paschal curse. Sorry. We just live with it.

    ReplyDelete