You may remember an old post about blueberries. Last year I planted 2 blueberry bushes in pots.
Reka Chip
I kept them on my deck all year long - through the hot, desert like summer and then the icy winter. I didn't know if they would produce any blueberries, or even make it through the winter. I worried a little about them. There may or may not have been a few frantic phone calls to my dad about what I should do to keep them alive... Well, would you believe it, they did survive and produced some blueberries! So excited! :) MM MMM!!!
There is nothing like eating fresh blueberries. I honestly can eat them by the pint, quart maybe even. I inherited this trait. My mom has this love for blueberries too. People who put these fresh pieces of goodness in pies... ridiculous. In muffins... terrible. There is no way you should desecrate the wonderfulness of the blueberry.
I have a friend who feels the same way... except with strawberries. My sister recently shared about her love for peaches. I guess everyone has a fruit they could eat fresh and in mass amounts. I just can't get why it's not blueberries! :)


Agreed! Blueberries are amazing, and I'm so jealous you have some on your very own porch! Congrats for keeping them alive!
ReplyDelete