A blog devoted to sharing the journeys of my heart

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness, For His name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows. Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. Psalm 23

Friday, July 1, 2011

Love Letter :)

Dear Ocean,
    I haven't seen you in a while, and have been thinking of you a lot recently. We have a close relationship, you and I, and this distance is painful. I miss the sand between my painted toes, the smells of sunscreen and sea water blowing in the breeze, and reading a good book, while enjoying your cool water splashing up on my legs. The ever long walks to the end of the isle, almost getting caught in high tide and discovering amazing creatures your waves brought up to the sand are wonderful memories I cherish today. Ocean, you bring my heart refreshment and rejuvenation. The thing I miss the most about you is watching your strong waves - over and over and over... They remind me of God's love. (The reason I love you so much.) They never cease. They just keep going, keep loving. And they are so powerful. At some points they can scare me or swallow me up. But the tide and waves are so good for the sea creatures. There is a rhythm to your waves... when I am in the water, it just causes me to move with ease; just like when I sit in the presence of God. Your waves never stop. They might lessen in strength, but never stop. Every time I sit and watch your waves I am reminded of God's faithfulness. He never fails, just like your waves. Ocean, I close my eyes right now, and I imagine I am with you, breathing in the windy, salty air, watching your waves swell up and crash... over and over. I miss you. When will we be together again?
                                                               Love, 
                                                               Becca

No comments:

Post a Comment