A blog devoted to sharing the journeys of my heart

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness, For His name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows. Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. Psalm 23

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Hello Nyquil

So, I had a great adventure with nyquil last night...


Couldn't sleep last night. I was really congested, so I finally decided to get up and take some medicine- nyquil. (one dose, may I just say...) I slept like a rock. I woke up feeling pretty good, thinking, "I can't believe I slept that well. Wow, I slept late enough for it to even start getting light outside." I turned to look at the clock- 8:04am... School starts at 8:00am. I freaked. Why didn't my alarm go off? I frantically, and I mean frantically, searched for my cell phone to call work. Oh wait, the battery is dead. There's the reason why my alarm didn't go off. So I frantically search for my charger. "Why won't my phone turn on!" ... finally called work. The secretary must have thought I was crazy. "Sherry, this is Becca. I took nyquil last night. My phone died. My alarm didn't go off. I'll be there in 5 minutes. Bye." I get to work at 8:17am. Pretty amazing, I must say. My students were so concerned. It was quite funny.
"What happened to you Ms. Paschal?"
"Ms. Paschal, you look a little pale."
"Did you get in a car accident?"
"Where have you been?" most common one

It's ok kids, your teacher just took medicine to help her feel better and sleep. Then she didn't wake up... it's cool. Yeah, that sounds great.

Thankfully, "I just over slept" satisfied their curiosity. :)

However, it didn't satisfy my staff. Now my new nickname is NQ... lovely. :)

4 comments:

  1. Its amazing how fast we can move when we have to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best. Story. Ever.

    I would love to see a photo of what you looked like when you arrived at school only 10 minutes after waking up.

    Oh, and smooth move, NQ.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andy only takes half a does and is still groggy the next day...it knocks him out. If it does that to him...it is no wonder it worked so well for a small thing like you.
    Cari

    ReplyDelete