A blog devoted to sharing the journeys of my heart

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness, For His name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows. Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. Psalm 23

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Red River Gorge

I spent most of this weekend at one of my favorite places. 5 teachers and I went to Red River Gorge in Kentucky's Daniel Boone National State Forest. It was so nice to get away. Roast hotdogs and smores, sit around the campfire, laugh and cry as we share real life, play some great games... and then hike and climb rocks! And what a beautiful weekend to go. It was warm and sunny all weekend. Can I just say Red River Gorge-ous! :) If you ever have a chance, please go. If you hate it, I will... clean your house for you. So go and love it, or go and I'll clean your house for you.

The Crew

We stayed at a cabin for the night.Align Center

The three youngins of the group

In the morning we went hiking. We hiked some of my favorite trails. Rocks galore... I love to go exploring!

Climbing rocks!

Just hanging around

My friend Robin, the monkey of the group :)

Just getting warm by the fire

ROCKS!

ROCKS!

Weird Rock! I'm so curious of how it was created

I don't know... I can't explain it

We're so cool... and Melissa is falling!

Red River Gorge-ous!
An absolutely fun weekend. I just love being outside and away from everyday life. Can't wait to go back... next weekend. :)

2 comments:

  1. sounds really fun!! we would love to go to red river gorge...too bad it's so far away :`(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Put it on our list of things to see when we come. It looks really interesting.

    ReplyDelete