A blog devoted to sharing the journeys of my heart

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness, For His name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows. Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. Psalm 23

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Mug Snob?

***Please know that this post is a long drawn out story. (like most of my stories told in person... is has a long intro)

I started drinking coffee in high school. (I am that girl.) I had a friend that worked at Starbucks and had coupons for a free any size drink. So, being a lover of anything free I had to go with him and get some coffee. (Actually, I think it was his ploy to take me on a date. Smart man that Adam Jones. It worked.) My first coffee drink was a Starbucks Venti Carmel Brownie Chip Frappicino. Yes, my weekly dose of sugar and caffeine in one setting. It was pretty intense. But, I loved it. And, honestly, who wouldn't love all that sweet. My mom may or may not have thought I was head over heels for this guy when I came home bouncing off the kitchen walls talking 818 miles a minute... But anyway, that was what hooked my heart to coffee. - The Venti Carmel Brownie Chip Frappicino.

Fast forward 10 years...

Since my first Venti Carmel Brownie Frappicino, I drink a cup of coffee about 4 or 5 days a week. I love to take it with me in the morning and drink it in the car on the way to work or church. My sister and brother gave me a travel mug for Christmas. It seemed like a great, but normal, travel mug.

But. it. is. not. It is legitimately the best travel mug ever invented. Hands down. All future travel mugs will be like this. I cannot sing its praises enough.
Introducing the Contigo Auto Seal Travel Mug
This mug claims to keep your coffee warm for 4 hours... and, it does. Often times I do not get to finish my coffee until my planning time at 10:30... and it is still deliciously warm. This coffee mug claims that it is spill proof. AND IT IS!!! Students in my class have knocked it off the table and I have tipped it over in my car... no spills. Don't believe this is possible? Refer to video below...


Now I have been using this coffee mug for the past month. I kinda get annoyed in the morning when I have forgotten to wash it the night before, or I forget it at work and I have to use a janky plastic mug that I know I will have to gulp down its content if I want to drink my morning beverage warm and keep it from being spilled by 5 year old crazies. (Talk about a run-on sentence. Whew, good thing I don't teach grammar anymore...)

So, travel mug spoiled? Maybe...

I'm not usually someone who sits down at the table and drinks a mug of coffee while reading the daily news or eating breakfast. However, with all these snow days that we have been getting (I think we are up to 11 with a likely chance of more next week) things have changed a bit. I make some coffee and drink it leisurely on the couch while watching the Today Show or checking my email. I must admit, it's nice.

BUT... I never really knew how quickly coffee can get cold in a plain ceramic mug. And really, let's be honest, there isn't anything yuckier than cold coffee. In a matter of 10 minutes, my coffee is cold. 10 minutes people! How is that possible?

Ceramic mug snob? Possibly.

Anyway. Moral of my story is this. Yes, I have become very spoiled with the amazing Contigo Auto Seal Travel Mug. And possibly a little snobbish toward other types of mugs. Sorry old, plastic, Asbury travel mugs... you're out.

4 comments:

  1. you are welcome. but, let us not forget that you picked out the mug ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So are you planning to buy stock in the company? I'm impressed. Can I expect my own Contigo Auto Seal Travel Mug next Christmas, or birthday, or Mother's Day, ....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I want one. I always appreciate reviews of a product from a friend I trust.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know what they say.
    Don't drink and drive.

    ReplyDelete