A blog devoted to sharing the journeys of my heart

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness, For His name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows. Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. Psalm 23

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Saturday Shuffle

One of my friends at work is Irish. She LOVES the month of March and celebrates St. Patrick's Day each day up to the 17th. It's really quite funny. Anyway. She started talking about the Shamrock Shuffle a few months ago and kept asking me and my other friend Megan to do it. So, we signed up - Megan the runner, and me... the shuffler. Megan has been running consistently since January... me? Not so much. I haven't run consistently since the end of the summer. I was a little nervous about running, and I was convinced I would truly be doing a "shuffle." My goal was 24 minutes... that would be a 12 minute mile. However, I made it in 20.50!!! I was so excited.

Before the race
(Although I am not quite a runner yet, I feel like I look the part. :) My sister, who is a runner, gave me some running clothes this Christmas. I think it helped me run faster. Thanks Katherine!)

After the race

Told ya she goes all out!!! :)

Enjoying the St. Patrick's Day Festival

Festivals are so much fun. Who doesn't like fair food, a good parade, live music, and happy people!? I'm ready for another festival and shuffle! :)

2 comments:

  1. Love it! That's a 10:25 mile. Way to go!! I think you are secretly a runner...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this of course cause its about me and you running! You ARE a runner, I have decided that it is less about time and more about distance anyway...at least that is my new philosophy ;) So the big questions is, when are us 2 runners going to run a 5K?!?!

    Love ya!
    Megz

    PS - Thanks for considering me to be a runner...I do not feel the part yet, but am working on it! :)

    ReplyDelete