A blog devoted to sharing the journeys of my heart

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness, For His name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows. Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. Psalm 23

Monday, March 14, 2011

"This is the Stuff that Drives Me Crazy"

I think Francesca Battistelli and I could be good friends...

This was my day... with a few changes to the song... frustration. and then reminders that God is still on His throne.

I lost my keys in the great unknown
And call me please 'Cuz I can't find my phone (or don't... because it is dead.)

This is the stuff that drives me crazy
This is the stuff that's getting to me lately
In the middle of my little mess
I forget how big I'm blessed
This is the stuff that gets under my skin
But I gotta trust You know exactly what You're doing
It might not be what I would choose
But this is the stuff You use

45 in a 35 (or 3rd flat tire in 6 months...)
Sirens and fines while I'm running behind (or hanging out on the side of the road while wanting to go to bed early...)
Whoa

This is the stuff that drives me crazy
This is the stuff that's getting to me lately
In the middle of my little mess
I forget how big I'm blessed
This is the stuff that gets under my skin
But I gotta trust You know exactly what You're doing
It might not be what I would choose
But this is the stuff You use

So break me of impatience
Conquer my frustrations
I've got a new appreciation
It's not the end of the world
Oh Oh Oh

This is the stuff that drives me crazy
This is the stuff
Someone save me
In the middle of my little mess
I forget how big I'm blessed
This is the stuff that gets under my skin
And I've gotta trust You know exactly what You're doing
It might not be what I would choose
But this is the stuff You use

Oh Oh Oh Oh
This is the stuff You use

1 comment:

  1. oh man! and i just texted you an hour ago...
    call me when you find your phone :) or, email me -- we can have our phone date on wednesday night on my way home from church. i'll call you at home ;)

    ReplyDelete