So when I was say.... 4, maybe, my family got our pictures taken. My uncle had gotten into photography and volunteered to take pictures of my family. So, my sisters and I had group shots (which unfortunately I do not have a copy of this stinkin hilarious photo in my pocession) and individual shots taken. My oldest sister had recently gotten into karate. So she posed in her karate uniform kicking, punching, and doing other various karate things. My other sister was very into gymnastics. She wore her purple and blue leotard (what a gross word) and posed in gymnastics moves - you know, the splits, hands in the air...
I'm sure you're thinking, "Rebecca, what kind of outfit did you dress in?" And that's a great question.
I dressed in this.

My mom tells me I wanted to dress in a lion costume. I don't know what I think about that. There are a few things I love about this photo. In photographs you normally want to see the person. I love that all you see are my pigeon toes, hands, and barely my one eye. And I'm just standing there!!! I could have maybe done a "roar" motion with my hands? Probably the best part though, is that underneath the costume, I know I am smiling.
Oh, I just think it is so funny.


i think i laugh every time i see that photo, just thinking about all that went into it...
ReplyDeleteLoved the post. This is still one of my favorite photos!
ReplyDeleteMom
i laughed out loud... i am SO glad i know you... you brighten my life!
ReplyDeleteI smiled when I saw this picture for the first time years ago. I smiled every time I've seen it since then. AND, I smiled today.
ReplyDeleteYou bring joy into people's lives.
hahahaha I also love that you are not even really facing the camera... just turned at a slight angle and standing there. lol You are funny and you were even funny way back when it seems! P.S. Also love the ruffles on the shirt sleeves.
ReplyDelete