A blog devoted to sharing the journeys of my heart

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness, For His name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows. Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. Psalm 23

Saturday, June 18, 2011

the smell!



Living in Kentucky and away from any big city, it is common to find one of these little guys in the middle of every back road. As many of you know, you can smell the effects for miles coming and going from these black and white fur balls... Everyone knows it is awful, especially if your windows are rolled down and you drive up on it unexpectedly... and it just... hits ya!

Let me tell you what can make a skunk smell worse. I know, you are thinking, a skunk smell is pretty bad. There is something that can make it worse?

Imagine this...
It is a nice, cool day outside. Windows in your house are open, and you are enjoying the nice, evening breeze. You start to doze off a little bit, when you start to smell something a little bad... and a few minutes later you realized it is a skunk outside.

"Oh great..." is what I thought. I quickly closed all the windows... but it was too late. Now all I can smell is this nasty skunk throughout my house.

Glade has become my most prized possession this evening. It is like an extra digit on my hand...
Nothin is better than clean linen and skunk...


1 comment:

  1. I think Wilmore must have the greatest amount of skunks compared to anywhere else. Sorry the smell lingered for you. :( Hooray for Glade!

    ReplyDelete