A blog devoted to sharing the journeys of my heart

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness, For His name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows. Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. Psalm 23

Monday, December 26, 2011

Destination Christmas - Part 2

Christmas Day was spent chatting with family, eating scrumptious food, small-town church… and Anne of Green Gables. I must say, there is nothing like being closed up in the mountains (with sketchy cell phone service and no internet! Loved time away from all that!) with a good romantic story. Who doesn't like Anne of Green Gables???? The acting in these movies is not that great. But the story. Oh the story is humorous and… so dreamy. Gilbert passionately and playfully chasing after Anne. Anne refusing Gilbert. Gilbert gets engaged to another girl. Anne dates some rich schmuck. Gilbert gets deathly sick (serving others in a hospital, might I add – so romantic) and Anne finally realizes her mistake and how she is desperately in love with Gil… oh my… I know Christmas should be spent focusing on Jesus’ birth and all… but I think God makes exceptions when it comes to Anne of Green Gables. Oh what a story to make a girl daydream. And daydream I did...

P.S. It was the male in the cabin’s choice to watch Anne of Green Gables… and the sequel... just sayin. 

2 comments:

  1. I was just trying to chose a movie that the majority would like.

    The Male

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol @ your dad. :) Anne of Green Gables is always a quality choice. Gilbert Blythe. Sigh. Someday our Gilberts will come... Or maybe not for me since I'm just plain Nancy Ann without an e.

    Your bosom (loving care and protection, just to clarify) friend,
    Nancy Ann*e*

    ReplyDelete