A blog devoted to sharing the journeys of my heart

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness, For His name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows. Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. Psalm 23

Monday, June 1, 2009

Our Own Version of the Olympics

Today Wilmore Elementary had one of their annual events- Our Own Version of the Olympics- OOVOTO Day. Basically it is a field day, but extra cool. :) The kids love it! Having cheerleading blood flow through me, I also look forward to this day and thoroughly enjoy it. I get to cheer on my students all day. Like any other field day, the kids get a ribbon for whatever place they get.  I love how each child gets so excited about a ribbon. That is probably my favorite part of the whole day. You would think that they had won in the real Olympics.  I love their innocence and simplicity of their happiness. They run and carry a rubber chicken back and forth and then get a ribbon. They run a few loops around the parking lot and get a ribbon… and their pride and enthusiasm about what they just did is pure joy. I love it.

Sidenote- I am looking for an 88 key keyboard for $150.00 or less. If you know of one, please let me know.

Sidenote for LOST fans- Today I learned about a scientist named Michael Faraday. He did lots of stuff to contribute to our knowledge of electricity. When I was learning about him, I got SO excited because the scientist’s name on LOST is Faraday… I thought, “Is this the same guy? How cool would the connections be! It must MEAN something! I figured out a clue in LOST!” So, I came home to research it. To my dismay, the LOST’s character’s first name is Daniel- very different from Michael. However, I still think there is some type of name casting here. Connection? Yes, I still think so… 

No comments:

Post a Comment