A blog devoted to sharing the journeys of my heart

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness, For His name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows. Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. Psalm 23

Sunday, June 21, 2009

Psalm 121

I've been doing a study on the Psalms and have been rewriting different Psalms to personalize them. (I'm not claiming to write the Bible better, by any means. I hope this does not offend you. It is just a way for me to personalize God's Words to me.) I thought I would share this one. (My scholarly sister tells me the Psalms were written for public praise anyways... :) ) But first, a side note: Psalm 121 is a well-known Psalm. There are a lot of modern songs with the words from Psalm 121. I really like those songs, at least the ones that I have heard. But I've been thinking about what the original music to this song was like. I would love to hear how it sounded with a simple instrument or  a cappella. How cool would it be to have  a hymn-sing in heaven- with David playing the harp and the original music... someone would call out "Psalm 23,"or "Let's hear Psalm 150!" And we would all sing the song, how it was originally created. For some reason I love the idea of that! I guess it's the purity and realness of it. Anyway, random thought. Here is my version of 121. 

Psalm 121 - My Version

I think about my future,

Where does my wisdom come from?

My wisdom in from the Maker of all things - even me.

He will not lead you down a foolish path

He is with you, and will be your wisdom in every step.

Indeed, He who guides you will not be foolish or distant from you!

The Lord watches over you.

His shield protects you from dwelling on the past.

Memories will not haunt you in the day,

And loneliness will not exult over you at night

The Lord will protect you from all harm – He will watch over your life.

The Lord will protect your coming and going, both now and forevermore. 

Praise God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment