A blog devoted to sharing the journeys of my heart

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness, For His name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows. Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. Psalm 23

Friday, June 19, 2009

Playing Fair

Betsy Walker has a song called Play Fair. I love it, and I hate it all at the same time. It really speaks exactly what is in my heart. I hate that it is though. I hate that this is how I feel. It doesn't seem fair for life to work out this way. It doesn't seem fair to try and move on, but get stuck in memories and regret. It doesn't seem fair that memories come to my mind, even when I am trying hard not to let them. It doesn't seem fair that he can move on, and I can't. But... life doesn't play fair. Everything has a reason, and God does have a plan for all things- even the parts that aren't fair.

Play Fair

Betsy Walker


You can keep all those kisses I gave you

You can keep those letters and cards

You can keep all the hours and memories we shared

But play fair, give me back my heart

 

You can keep that movie you borrowed

All those tears that I cried over you

You can keep all those photos and lock of my hair

But play fair, give me back my heart

 

Cause I’m trying to start over like you seem to do

Tryin’ to forget to stop thinking ‘bout you

Tryin ‘to move on, but I never get far

Cause you refuse to give me back my heart

 

You can keep what you took of my innocence

You can keep what’s left of my pride

You can keep all those dreams, yeah, strip em down bare

But play fair, give me back my heart

 

Cause I’m trying to start over like you seem to do

Tryin’ to forget to stop thinking ‘bout you

Tryin ‘to move on, but I never get far

Cause you refuse to give me back my heart

 

And what could you want with my poor mingled heart?

What’s it to you, but an old broken part?

So now if you’re done, if you’ve had your fun, have mercy

Let it come home

 

Cause I’m trying to start over like you seem to do

Tryin’ to forget about you

Tryin ‘to move on, but I never get far

Cause you refuse to give me back my heart

 

Play fair. Give me back my heart.

I wish that I could move on quickly, start over. I wish that I wouldn't hurt anymore. But I ache. I wish that I could just be healed and move on with the next step of my life. I wish that I could trust God more. He is good. He IS. He hast to be. I have to trust Him. That's all that I can do when I hurt and I don't know the next step in my life, when I feel lonely and regretful. 

I have to trust Him. 

God is..

Good

Sovereign

Faithful

Provider

Lover

"Trust in the Lord with ALL your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. In ALL ways acknowledge Him, and He WILL direct your paths." Proverbs 3:5-6. 

Lord, may I be a fast learner. Help me to be quick to surrender and to trust You. 

No comments:

Post a Comment