A blog devoted to sharing the journeys of my heart

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness, For His name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows. Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. Psalm 23

Saturday, August 15, 2009

Goodbye Summer, Hello School Year

Summer is over... the school year has begun. This brings bitter sweet feelings... mainly bitter, and a little sweet. Let's face it, who really enjoys working? Doing what you want, when you want, is great. August marks the end of lazy mornings and quiet afternoons at Panera and Starbucks. (Oh, how i miss that already!) It marks the times when I say goodbye to picking up in the middle of the week to go on vacation- and not knowing how long I'll stay and when I'll return. It marks the end of long phone conversations with friends at 11:00 am, or 11:00 pm too. It marks the end of allowing one errand into Lexington to become the whole day of leisurely shopping and puttering around town.
On the other hand, August brings about structure- which I need sometimes. It brings income, also good. It brings energy to my life. I enjoy teaching kids, performing lessons, and getting them excited about learning. That brings energy to my life. And it brings about purpose in my life. Teaching is important to me. (at least for this current season of my life) Sharing Jesus' love, and celebrating who they are and who God created them is so important to me. It brings so much energy to my life. A new school year brings a sense of newness too- of new beginnings. And that also excites me. New students, new parents, new things to learn, new memories, new friends, new plans, new joy, new hope. It's NEW. It's a new adventure. It's a new journey.

Saying goodbye to summer is so hard. But knowing that there is so much to look forward to in this school year is good. So hello school year... may you be a season of greatness! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment