But there is another place that will always be home. The two story tan house on Glen Ct. Friday afternoon, I randomly decided I wanted to come home. It is so nice to have the freedom to pack up, drive a few hours, and be in the familiar, loving relaxing place. Home. To be greeted with bear hugs and long talks on the couch. Home. Lunch dates and chats, laughter and shopping. Home.
I enjoy my place in Wilmore, but there are times when I just want to get away from my Wilmore life. Take a mini-vacation. Times when I long to be home. And I love that I have the freedom to pick up and do that. My parents always comment on how quick I make the trip... "You must have had a lead foot tonight," one of them usually comments. The fact that, yes, I might have a lead foot, and that I do take the back-road- short-cuts! I think there is more to it. I have a "Home James, and don't spare the horses" mind-set. There is nothing like being at home. And when I just want to get away and be there... I won't spare the horses.


i completely understand! i wish we could come "home" more often.
ReplyDelete