I love the way my classroom is set up this year. I feel like I have more space than I have in the past. It could be an illusion... but I'll still take it. Although I am pretty excited about the look of my room, I am not all so excited about work this year. They say that the 3rd year of teaching is the year that you feel like you have things under control. I'm not sure that will be the case. I still feel unsure in a lot of ways and wonder how I am going to implement some new ideas. Sometimes I wonder if those feelings ever go away. I enjoy my job, but there are always so many new variables each year, each day, really! I'm asking God that this year will flow well for me. I'm praying for a group of kids that bring laughter to my life. I'm asking God to use my job to bring so much joy to my life. I'm asking God to empower me to love each child in my room with his wonderful love and that each one feels like they are my favorite student. And mostly, I'm asking God that each child will know Him when they leave my room. Will you pray with me in this? Wouldn't it be wonderful if all 24 kids know Jesus? Lately I've been learning how we should expect big things from God. 1, simply because He is a big God, and can do big things. And 2, because He likes to exceed our expectations, and He can do even bigger things when we ask big. Oh, God is a big God, and he is so good.
Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever! Amen. - Ephesians 3:20
If we don't ask or imagine big, what does God have to out-do?


No comments:
Post a Comment