A blog devoted to sharing the journeys of my heart

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness, For His name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows. Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. Psalm 23

Monday, November 16, 2009

Is your state happy?

Random: a recent study was done to determine the happiest and unhappiest states. I have no idea the qualifications of this study, I just know the outcomes.
The most unhappiest states are Kentucky and West Virginia.
The happiest states are Utah and Hawaii.

Why is my state so unhappy? :(

In general, the states where people reported feeling better about life were mostly in the West, and the lower well-being states were clustered in the midwest and south.
Interesting... Just food for thought...

1 comment:

  1. Do you think there is a correlation between health and happiness? Isn't Kentucky really high on the list of unhealthy/overweight states? Aren't most Southern states pretty unhealthy?

    I was going to say that Hawaii is happiest because of the warm weather, but Utah is freezing in the winter, so I guess nice weather isn't necessarily the reason.

    ReplyDelete