A blog devoted to sharing the journeys of my heart

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness, For His name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows. Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. Psalm 23

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Complaining

I must confess, I am a huge complainer. I am a selfish person and often times feel like I "deserve" something. Or I simply am not thankful for what I have... I recently received an email with some of these pictures... they made me think.

When you think your life is hard...

Society is unfair...

Your transportation system isn't up to par...

If you think you suffer in life...

Salary is too low...


When you feel like giving up...

It is so easy to get caught up in having "things" and feeling like I deserve something. When in reality, that is not the case. I really have so much to be thankful for. So many simple and extravagant things to be thankful for... electricity. secure job. bible. coffee maker. internet. socks. freedom. love....... the list really is endless.

1 comment:

  1. soy milk. add soy milk to you list. i'm thankful for that.

    ReplyDelete