"Do not remember the former things or consider the things of old. I am about to do a new thing..."
The deal is, I believe God has a plan for my life. I trust that He works all things out for good, and the situations, emotions, feelings that I have, and still am experiencing, are not in vain. I see that will happen someday. Someday. I know you don't just wake up and things are different, changed overnight. So what about right now. What does God have for me now, today, tomorrow. In the immediate future. What does His perfect and good plan look like right now. How do I learn to be content in the now. When things are not what I expected, how do I not look at the past. On how I could have changed it, or not dwell to the point of guilt, but forget the things of old. How do I anticipate that God is doing something new in the present... It's easy to think of the future, that God has a plan, but it is hard for me to believe that He is working in the present, when I don't see anything.
I must remember that God does not work the way I think He should. He is doing a new thing, even if I do not understand it or see it. The truth that God is working is just as true as the fact that He has a plan for me, and will work life out to bring Him glory. It's just... harder to believe. But truth is truth. Both are valid and powerful and true. And the more truth I experience, the more trust in God I will have. "Truth breeds trust."
Oh Lord, may my eyes be open that You are at work. That I trust that You are in control, working in my life, that you have not forgotten me.


go read joel 2:25. now.
ReplyDeleteours is a God of redemption. situations as well as souls.
amazing, huh?