A blog devoted to sharing the journeys of my heart

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness, For His name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows. Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. Psalm 23

Monday, December 14, 2009

Confessions...

You know how sometimes it is hard to make that step in friendship from good acquaintance to friend? I'm great at making acquaintances, but sometimes have a hard time moving into a deeper place of friendship. When I went to college, I was ready to make friends, and make them quickly. My answer? Confessions. "Confessions?" you say? "That is very personable." Yes, it can be. For the past 5 or 6 years I have been sharing "confessions" with some of my now dearest friends. Confessions do not have to be serious or deep, but simply real. Sharing silly things about your life or what you think can bring you closer to a person. The vulnerability allows you to become deeper. In a fun way, not a scary-tell-someone-your-deep-dark-real-secrets-kind of way. And once you get used to sharing little things, it makes it natural to share deep, serious things. Anyway, confessions have been an intricate part of many of my close relationships. So I thought that I would share a few with my internet friends. :)
Here we go...

-I like McDonalds Cheeseburgers. alot. It is a guilty pleasure. I feel like I am being that typical, overweight, unhealthy American eating one. But I love it. I ate one tonight.
-I secretly want to be a Rockette
-I really like it when people just "stop by" my house. I like the surprise. They make me feel loved.
-Sometimes, when I am alone, I pretend I am a Disney Princess and I sing songs from Belle or the Little Mermaid.
-It's December 14th, and I still have a pumpkin on my porch...

So there are a few confessions for now...

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes (OK, alot of times) when I am walking somewhere in my house (or at work when no one is looking) I point my toes and leap like a ballerina. I guess I never outgrew that phase :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just ate a lunch that consisted of BBQ chips and peanut M&M's...very nutrious!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so, we were TOTALLY going to get you a mcdonald's gift card for your stocking stuffer, but i told michael it was kind of "tacky" since it was a mcdonalds gift card and all.

    guess i should have gone with him on that!

    and, we still have a pumpkin on our porch as well. in fact, i think it's rotting.

    my confession? i'm making our little man wait for a snack while i take time to read blogs.

    ReplyDelete