A blog devoted to sharing the journeys of my heart

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness, For His name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows. Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. Psalm 23

Friday, December 18, 2009

Juror 406

...But What You Can Do for Your Country - Part 2

If you remember, I have been on jury duty for the past 4 months. (4 month schedule in the my KY county. Long time you say? Why, yes, it is.) I have been so excited about the potential to serve my country and the adventure and the excitement is brings. Well, I don't know if this was typical or not, but every time I called into the juror hotline it seems that every trial had been "resolved" and did not need a jury. I have been somewhat disappointed with not being called in but once. (and the trial was cancelled.) No trial, no trial, no trial...

However, today was different. There was a trial on December 18th! Yea! Finally what I had been waiting for! My juror number was called and I am to report at 9 am for service.

BUT.... I forgot and was OUT OF TOWN!!! EEK! Not only am I missing out on the opportunity that I have been anticipating for 4 months, 4 MONTHS! But I am also going to be held in contempt for not showing up= paying a fine! BOO!

Rebecca= major disappointment and frustration.

I cannot believe this happened. I have faithfully called the jury voicemail for 4 months, and on the last possible trial date, I forgot!

So, my jury duty responsibility is complete. Maybe next time I will actually be able to serve. :) or at least remember to show up!

3 comments:

  1. We'll visit you in jail. Maybe bring you a file :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH NO! How disappointing/annoying. BOO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your jury experience..... better luck next time

    ReplyDelete