A blog devoted to sharing the journeys of my heart

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness, For His name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows. Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. Psalm 23

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Yes, I think these things too

One of my good friends, Hannah-lulu, sent me an email entitled "Random Thoughts from a Group of People, Age Range 25-35..."
I copied some of the ones that I thought were funny, and I identified with. Maybe you will like them too. Feel free to comment...hint, hint, if there is one that you identify with, think is true, funny, you know. :)

T
here's no worse feeling than that millisecond you're sure you are
going to die after leaning your chair back a little too far.

Have you ever been walking down the street and realized that you're
going in the complete opposite direction of where you are supposed to
be going? But instead of just turning a 180 and walking back in the
direction from which you came, you have to first do something like
check your watch or phone, or make a grand arm gesture and mutter to
yourself to ensure that no one in the surrounding area thinks you're
crazy by randomly switching directions on the sidewalk.

Do you remember playing Nintendo when you were a kid, and it wouldn't
work? You take the cartridge out, blow in it, and that would magically
fix the problem. Every kid in America did that, but how did we all
know how to fix the problem? There was no internet or message boards
or FAQ's. We just figured it out. Today's kids are soft.

I totally take back all those times I didn't want to nap when I was younger.

Answering the same letter three times or more in a row on a Scantron
test is absolutely petrifying.

What would happen if I hired two private investigators to follow each other?

"Do not machine wash or tumble dry" means I will never wash this ever.

How in the world are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?

I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars teams up
to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong, brothers!

I hate leaving my house confident and looking good, and then not
seeing anyone of importance the entire day. What a waste.

If Carmen San Diego and Waldo ever got together, their offspring
would probably just be completely invisible.

3 comments:

  1. No matter how many times I read these, I laugh. I especially love the blowing into Nintendo games. We all did it, and it works. We were geniouses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How many hours did your mother play Carmine San Diego!

    I took a test once where ALL the answers were B. YIKES!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh these were funny! i especially relate to the naps right now.

    ReplyDelete