Have you ever seen the movie A Christmas Story? It's a classic in our family, maybe yours too. It's my dad's absolute favorite movie. Every time he watches it he laughs like he's never seen it before. What am i saying, we all laugh like we're watching it for the first time. Oh, I love that. Every Christmas we watch it at least one time around on the 24 hour TBS Special... and then maybe another time on DVD... It's a fun movie, it's a good quotable movie too. I think every Christmas there is some reference to the movie... "You'll shoot your eye out, Kid!" or "Fra-gee-lay. That must be Italian."
"Randy lay there like a slug. It was his only defense" (I am literally laughing out loud remembering this one!!! Oh my goodness! I love it!) Oh, oh! My personal favorite.... hehehe...
"Deck the harrs with boughs of horry, fa ra ra ra ra, ra ra ra ra."
Oh dear, some good laughs...
And so, I have totally digressed. Thank you for sticking with me...
Yes, back to my point. I felt today like I won a "Major Award" so to speak. I open some mail, believing it be junk... but it was not junk... THIS was what was inside. A MAJOR Award!
Yes, a brand-spankin- new George Washington!

I think this depicts my dollar bill... (And what you are thinking about this dollar bill...)
Dad- Would you look at that? Would you look at THAT?
Mom- What it is?
Dad- It's a leg!!!
Mom- But what it is?
Dad- Well, it's... a leg. You know, like a statue.
Mom- Statue?
Dad- Yeah, statue.



i think i laughed more at you and your brand-spankin' new george than i did the movie quotes. i love you!
ReplyDeleteA good ray of sun shine. Maybe you'll get two dollars tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteYes, I laughed at those movie lines.
Who sent you money? And why? Will they send me money?
ReplyDeleteAnd I LOVE LOVE LOVE the TBS marathon of A Christmas Story. Some favorite lines:
"I triple dog dare you."
"Scut Farkus"
"My father worked in profanity like some artists worked in oils or clay"
"A tapestry of obscenities hung over Lake Michigan ..."
Love it!