A blog devoted to sharing the journeys of my heart

The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures; He leads me beside quiet waters. He restores my soul; He guides me in the paths of righteousness, For His name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil, for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies; You have anointed my head with oil; My cup overflows. Surely goodness and lovingkindness will follow me all the days of my life, And I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever. Psalm 23

Sunday, July 12, 2009

Just A Day

20 minutes ago I was blinking 100 times a second and blasting cold air in my car to stay awake. Now that I am in bed, nice and cozy, my mind is racing and I am wide-awake. How crazy.

So I thought I would write about my day today; maybe looking at the screen will make me sleepy. I experienced a few fun things today... you might think them as boring, but to me it made for a fun, adventurous day.

1st- I ate lunch with a friend at YAT's. It's a new trendy Cajun/Creole restaurant. I liked it. Big portions. Real good. I'm not totally sure I have ever had real creole food before. (Knowing my terrible memory, I could have had it everyday for a year and not remember, but, oh well. I felt like I had never tasted it before.) If not, I am glad I have now. It's good- nothing can beat rice.

2nd- I learned how to put a tent together. I can count on my thumbs the number of times my family went camping when I was little. And count the number of times I went with my youth group or friends and together it is definitely less than 5. So, I've never really had a lot of experience with tents. For some reason, the idea of putting a tent together, and it not falling over, has always seemed intimidating to me. However, I am planning on spending the night at Chick-Fil-A in a few weeks and need to be prepared. So, I borrowed a small tent from a friend, and learned the steps of how to put it together. It actually is very simple. A dumby could put it together. Anyway. I am still excited to use it, and get free Chick-Fil-A!

3rd- I cheated the $1 Days system at Staples today. I wanted to buy 6 packs of highlighters, each for $1. (Amazing deal? Yes, absolutely is!) But, unfortunately they had a 2 packs limit at a time. So, with the help of a good friend, we bought some highlighters, then got back in line and bought more. Was it wrong? Probably. However, I am a poor teacher and I need my cheap highlighters. I don't think it hurt Staples.

4th- I discovered books on tape. It is very entertaining for long car rides. I've been on car rides where my mom and dad listened to books, but I always thought they would be too boring and it was an old person thing to do. So I would turn my personal music up and sleep while they laughed and entertained themselves with a story. Well, either I am now old, or I have become wiser about important things of the world- like books on tape. It was really good to keep my attention for most of my car ride back to KY. I love stories. Telling stories and people telling me stories. Always have. I remember being about 5, riding in the car with friends on the way home from AWANA and begging dad to tell us a story. When dad would finally concede, my friends and I would loosen our seatbelts and lean as close as we could to the driver's seat so that we could listen well to the great tale my dad was making up. I love being captivated. I love the belly laughs stories bring, or how my heart jumps and skips beats with scary stories. Or simply feeling enlightened by something new and interesting... I guess everyone does. Everyone likes to me entertained. I guess telling and hearing stories are just one way that I like to be entertained.

No comments:

Post a Comment